Monday, June 26, 2006

The new job, the england game and the scary spanish man

It's day 6 over here, and the main piece of news is that I've got a job.

3 nights ago I went round about 15ish bars asking if they had any bar work going. One said yes they definatly did. I came back there on request the next evening, chatted to them, chatted to the manager for all of 2 minutes, and was asked if I could start the next day. It's vaguely Irish themed, which might've helpt.

So yeah, first shift was last night. It's 48 hours a week, you do six 8 hour shifts each week. Pay wise they're paying me pretty much what Rescue Rooms was, which considering the much lower cost of living out here is pretty good. They all seem very nice though, and they encourage you to chat away idly to customers, which is often a lot of fun.

Because it's a few more hours a week then I was after, I have a plan: keep doing it until 7 to 10 days before I come home, then quit, and have those last 10 odd days off as a holiday, and hopefully make something of a binge drinking period out of it.

Oh oh, and we need two or three more staff by the way, so if anybody's bored knocking about this summer and wants to head on out here...!?

What else... Yes, the England match was good wasn´t it? I watched it in nicely subdued bar on the seafront here. Okay pub, though their decision to play (typically the worst) England Anthemz at half time instead of letting Lineker et all talk went down like a fart in a crowded lift.

The hostel is a bit crap, did I mention that? Only other occupant I've bumped into was a 40ish year old tubby Spanish guy in the room next to me. He stood at my door way wearing only his underpants and asked me if I wanted to do 'Charlie' with him.

I declined. Woo!
Muldoon

No comments: